‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

Forum 1 week ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

Sporting CP manager Rúben Amorim has apologised to the club and its fans for travelling to London to talk to West Ham.

Amorim flew out to London to hold talks with West Ham over a move to the Premier League in the summer.

He was also said to have been on the Liverpool wishlist prior to their appointment of Feyenoord boss Arne Slot for a deal around £9.4m.

Asked about his visit to London, the Portuguese told reporters, “It was a mistake. The timing was completely wrong.

“I’m always asking my players to be respectful… and I wasn’t — even if I informed the club before.

“I’m so sorry and I apologise to fans, club and players.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Man Utd players ‘convinced’ Ten Hag will be sacked
Forum | 12 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd players ‘convinced’ Ten Hag will be sacked

EPL: They didn’t follow instructions – Ten Hag slams five Man Utd players
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: They didn’t follow instructions – Ten Hag slams five Man Utd players

EPL: Rio Ferdinand reveals ‘only’ way Sancho will return to Manchester United from Dortmund
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Rio Ferdinand reveals ‘only’ way Sancho will return to Manchester United from Dortmund

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make